DANIEL P. HARDEY
SUMARY OF SKILLS
- Site acquisition and building construction experience
- Land development experience in all types of easements, rights of way, deeds, and plats
- Construction, building and project management
- Experience in surveying, zoning, engineering, and permitting
- Read and interpret civil engineering, construction drawings, and exhibits.
- Prepares contracts and site acquisition documents.
- Budget and Cost Analysis.
- Coordinate and perform building inspection, permitting and maintenance.
- Effective communication with architects, engineers, developers, land owners, contractors and the public, both verbally and through written correspondence.
- Understanding of codes and regulations related to building construction and maintenance.
- Property Management
- Community Relations
Hardey Real Estate Services, Frederick, Maryland
Commercial Real Estate Brokerage, 2017 – present
Tyler Donegan Real Estate, Ijamsville, Maryland
Commercial Real Estate Brokerage, 1997 – 2005, 2012 – 2017
- Planned, subdivided, and executed the development of a 123-acre family farm into a 27-lot housing subdivision, as part of a 1031 tax deferred exchange.
- Sale and leasing of all types of commercial real estate and land development.
- Site acquisition for builders in mid-Atlantic region for new home construction
- Project manager of Westminster Square a four-story mixed use building. Complied with local zoning, historic preservation, engineering and permitting for compliance.
Self Employed – The Hardey Companies, LLC, Frederick, Maryland
- Commercial Real Estate Broker and Property Manager, 2006 – 2012; Sole broker and property manager for 154N. Market Street 26,000 square foot office building. Renovated entire building so that the 112-year-old façade was preserved, while the interior was modernized to meet the needs of current business requirements while keeping the historic nature of and the property within the Frederick Historic District guidelines. Managed construction of all tenant improvements. Completed execution of all final lease documents and certificates of occupancy. Worked with HPC and all other governmental entities, accountants, lawyers, bank and sub-contractors. Prepared budgets, collected all base rents, coordinated the estimating and billing of all expenses.
The City of Frederick Building and Permits Department, Frederick, Maryland
Code Management Inspector, 1997 – 1999; Inspection and compliance of all City building codes for the Permits and Codes Department;
- Inspection of dwelling units for compliance with property maintenance regarding rental units;
- Historic Preservation inspections for compliance with pertinent City codes;
- Recommendations to Contractor during site inspections on City policies, and procedures including all necessary paperwork required to obtain permits.
The City of Frederick Engineering Department, Frederick, Maryland
Assistant Surveyor, Engineering Technician; 1992 – 1997. Assist the City of Frederick Surveyor in making field surveys and office work; Work as an Instrument/Rod person in the field and reduce field notes, plot topography and cross sections in the office
- Conduct field investigation and draft working drawings and prepare visual aids such as graphs, charts and maps for the City Engineering Department and Public Works Department
- Work with the public, Planning and Zoning Department and Department of Public Works, and various consultants providing research and information
- Review of site construction plans for approvals.
The City of Frederick Construction and Maintenance Department, Frederick, Maryland
- 1990 – 1992. Repair and maintenance of all buildings owned by The City of Frederick.
- Assistance provided to other departments within Public Works in the construction of new buildings and other structures.
Jackson & Cranfield, Germantown, Maryland
- Carpenter, 1990. Comprehensive remodeling and renovation to include but not limited to: painting of interior and exterior walls, Installation and replacement of doors, trim, windows, ceramic bathroom tile, vinyl flooring tile, and plumbing fixtures, bathroom and kitchen renovation from planning to completion.
SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY
- 2015 -2016 Banner School Board of Trustees
- 2014 – Present Habitat for Humanity Board of Trustees
- 2011 – 2013 Banner School – Served as the Project Manager to completed the renovation of the science lab and renovation of boys and girl bathrooms in Botkin Hall.
- 2013 – Banner School Service Award – recognized for over 10 years of service to the school in multiple capacities
- 2004-2008 Banner School Board of Trustees
As a member served as Project Manager for the 8,000-square foot renovation of a former nursing home located in Frederick, Maryland, into a Primary school. This project included all interior/ exterior work fit out with electrical and structural improvements, as well as serving in other multiple capacities.
- 30 years of Residential and Commercial Construction Experience
- 20 years of Property Management experience.
- Certified Commercial Real Estate Broker in MD.